Saturday, September 24, 2011

So How's It Gonna Look?

Current Project: 
Voluntourista (now - October 15th) - Getting things rolling on this project has proven to take quite a bit of time as well. Setting up a blog, finding my voice, make a web-site, setting up projects, getting an EIN number. My oh my what have I gotten myself into? Stay tuned.

Next Up:
Oregon Food Bank (October 16th- November 29th) - I already work at an organization that is doing amazing things in its community, and could benefit from a pre-trained high skilled volunteer (HSV). In this particular instance the program that I would be helping is the Volunteer Program. Big suprise. For six weeks this Fall, I plan to donate 4-6 hours in addition to my current workload per week to Oregon Food Bank writing handbooks & instruction manuals, organizing databases and ensuring the continued success of the program.

Double Next Up:
Hands on Portland (November 30th - January 13th) - I would like to of explore the wild world of episodic volunteering by signing up for 10 different volunteer projects through the HandsOn Network over a 45 day period. This organization connects millions of people with local volunteer opportunities. They understand the nuances of the volunteer process and facilitate professional recruitment, orientation and recognition of volunteers. This is definitely a valuable resource for anyone interested in getting involved with service in their communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment