Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love or Something Like It

We ran into Metin the other morning. Coincidentally of course, it was right after I posted my thoughts on serendipity & life choices.  He was sitting beneath a painting that said, "Everything you imagine is possible."

He wanted to share this poem with us and you:
 Love,
     My higher-self, my gut-feeling, instantly knows the best answer and the reaction during my tests and trials.
     Such ‘sense’ is deeper than any conditioning I may have.
     When I’m with you, Love, I’m a child again,
     And I’m back to the times when I didn’t have any concepts and requests.
     Now, beyond doubt, I surrender to your beauty,
     And as I do so, I remember the reason I’m here is because of a promise I made long ago,
     Before my existence, in a dream,
     That you’re the emotion I would choose to live.
     __ Happy Valentine’s Day __
**Find more of Metin's writing on his web-site.  
Many knowing looks were exchanged. A particular milestone in my relationship made this poem all the more poignant. Sipping hot cocoa before the sunrise; we held hands under the table as we read. 

Disgustingly sweet. I know, but its all part of the story

PS. Feel free to ridicule my sappiness at your leisure. I don't mind. Old me would thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment