Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Raw Foodist?

While I was "floating" last week, someone dropped off The Raw Food Detox Diet book. Oh god, not another book about food.

At my last job, we were knee deep in the shortcomings of the industrialized food system. In my humble opinion, a lot of our problems concerning our health, education, nutrition, environment and economy could be solved (or at least addressed) by implementing a strong local food system in every community. It's heartbreaking how easy it could be. Please pause for a moment of silence for the loss of our natural food system.

I am not, however, here to preach about the problems of the world or act like I have the solution. I'm just here to blog. Right? Whatever.

So anyway, I read the entire book that day--cover to cover. A lot of the information wasn't new to me. Really, the craziest things I learned about were poop, and the types of poop that there is. Never mind. I'm stopping here.

I'm not becoming a raw foodist. Eat more whole foods. Great idea! I really do feel best when I eat tons of fruits & vegetables and almost no wheat/gluten. I'll try to be better about that, but that's not really the epiphany that came out of this. What was the epiphany? Simplicity in food & habits.

The less I need my extravagant food & bad habits the longer I will be able to travel the world. 

Plain and simple.

So what's the first thing to get the boot? COFFEE.

And what was my secret? NAPS. LOTS & LOTS OF NAPS.


How's that for some self-help blogger guru bullshit? You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment